I've looked extensively at technical bulletins online, but just can't find an answer to a question. I'm sure it's there and I'm missing it.

My 9 year old has to take the STAR test for reading and math several times each year. The school uses it to set the instructional level and for Accelerated Reader.

Last year, my daughter was testing at the end of 12th grade level by the end of the year (her scores bounced around from 10th to 12th throughout the year, sometimes going up and sometimes going down, which I attributed to normal testing margin of error).

I'm trying to figure out the maximum score on the STAR test because I don't think AR is useful for my daughter and I've been hoping they will let her do something else during that time once she reaches the maximum. Does anyone know? Is it the end of 12th grade? Is there any standard recommendation for kids that reach that level or am I right that they may not have anything for her (meaning I could ask for something more useful?).

She just received results for this year and somehow plummeted to eighth grade level, which makes no sense to me as it's lower than the start of last year and she reads books constantly (her Kindle is her constant companion). They have moved her down to reading much lower level books according to that score, though. I can't imagine she'll stay there, though, and AR just doesn't seem useful to her.