Originally Posted by ultramarina
In the 6-11 age group, WM has the lowest loading on g, at a mere .49, while VR has the highest, at a healthy .81. IOW, his very high Verbal Reasoning score is the best representation of his overall intelligence, while his average-ish What's Missing score is the least representative of his overall intelligence.

Thanks--interesting. You know what...his sister scored highest on that section, too!

aeh, I don't think we need this at this time, but would you think he might be worth testing with the WISC to see if he could be a DYS? My instinct is that he could be on the border, but then again he might be more just a highly competent kid. I would only do it if this school year turns out to be a problem. I don't think it will, but who knows.
It might be worthwhile, but probably only at the point where it would have value in changing his schooling situation.

Found some updated correlation info between the RIAS and WISC-IV, but in a small sample, so buyer beware:

In this age group, .83 between VIX and VCI, .42 between NIX and PRI. Still not great between NIX and PRI. This may change on the WISC-V. I doubt there's any correlational research yet, unless it's in the WISC-V technical info.

...pronounced like the long vowel and first letter of the alphabet...