Originally Posted by bluemagic
Councelor got back to me and said that PSAT is only for juniors. (I know that isn't true.)
You are correct. Possibly information from the college board will enlighten the school. The college board PSAT pages on score reports include this statement which refers to Freshmen (9th graders) and Sophomores (10th graders) taking the PSAT:
Ninth grade students can see how their performance on the PSAT/NMSQT compares to that of other ninth grade test-takers in the nation. This information is presented in percentile ranges, so each student sees a percentile range where he or she falls (for example, between the fifty-first and sixty-first percentiles) compared to all ninth-graders. Ninth grade percentile ranges are provided in My College QuickStart™. The paper score report continues to provide all students in grades 10 and below with comparisons to tenth-graders.
and
Juniors frequently take the SAT six or seven months after taking the PSAT/NMSQT. Sophomores will not take the SAT for 18 months, so there may be a greater likelihood that these intervening activities will influence sophomores' SAT scores.
and (saving the best for last)
A study of 710,595 students who took the PSAT/NMSQT in October 2007 as sophomores and again in October 2008 as juniors found an average gain of 3.3 points higher in critical reading, 4.0 points in math, and 3.3 points in writing skills based on a score of 20 to 80.

Keep in mind that these are averages: some students earn scores in their junior year that are significantly higher; others receive lower scores. In general, juniors with low sophomore scores have larger score gains than do those with high sophomore scores.

The data does not show to what extent average gains from one year to the next might be due to learning and consequent growth in the skills measured by the test, and to what extent average gains might be due to the practice effect of taking the test for a second time.

Learn more about PSAT/NMSQT Score Change from Sophomore to Junior Year (.pdf/53K).
and that .pdf file includes:
More than 3.5 million students take the test each year. Approximately 1.5 million of those students are high school juniors (11th graders), and the remainder are students in the tenth grade (sophomores) or younger.