Thank you, thank you, thank you.

OWL is not a term I've encountered before. Googling, I'm a little confused. Based on the explanation on the wrightslaw website, the oral part of an OWL LD is not an issue now (morphology & syntax) He still had morphology & syntax errors galore when he was discharged from speech his first time at age 5 (over our objections - the SLP wasn't prompting any complex speech like we were hearing at home, so she never heard him fail to use 'the' 'a' words, etc). Since I pay attention during speech therapy sessions, we kept at the same style of therapy at home, and his CELF scores are now quite high (124+ in all areas, no subtest holes - the school SLP thought it was cool that she got to the end of the test on vocab - something she'd never done before).

He continues to struggle in spontaneous speech giving context and presenting information sequentially. He does pretty well when given "think time" and prompted to use WhoWhatWhyWhenWhereHow.

So does he maybe has an OWL LD where we've remediated the O part of the LD?

My gut, though, says that if we address the spelling, the bar will be lowered significantly to enable him to make progress in other areas of writing.