Hi everyone!

I am new to the board and am very glad I found it!! It's been very interesting reading all of the posts......

I have a nine-year-old boy who tested GT in kindergarten, and the past few years have been a learning experience in regard to educational settings. Last week, we had him tested more indepth because he's beginning to have social issues at his school, and I'm trying to figure out - should he be placed in a "gifted" school, where maybe he feels more "normal"?

Anyway, his IQ places makes him eligible to attend a gifted school. We live in the Denver area; there are a few choices, none of which are close to our house. The testing center we used would not recommend a specific school/s - they simply gave us a list of what was available, and since then I've been researching. So I'm putting it out there to other parents - is there anyone here who lives in the Denver/Boulder, who might have had dealings with any of the gifted schools in the area? They seem to be quite different from one another.

Thanks so much in advance!

Suzette