About 3 years ago, I spoke with the founder/co-director for my 2e/pg son (who was then 5.5-yrs-old). I told her what happened to ds at gifted school #1 north of Boston.

At that time, we were debating what to do and considering sending ds to Acera or gifted school #2 north of Boston. The founder/co-director didn't quite grasp why ds's school wouldn't/couldn't accommodate him. I asked her about the math curriculum and some other details; I wasn't very happy with her answers or responses to my questions. She told me that they use Singapore. At the time, the school was only a year or two old; at the time I believed that we needed a teacher/school with more experience.

I'm not saying that Acera is a 'bad' school or choice. I'm saying that it can be difficult to know ahead of time whether Acera or any of these gifted schools or suburbs can be a good fit for a hg/pg child. There's a lot of variables with schools (teachers, curriculum, other students, ability to accelerate or self-pace, and on and on) - much not within a child's or parent's control. It's hard to know how your child will respond/react until they are placed in that setting/environment.