hi We've recently relocated to the US for my husbands work. We are in Souther California.

Our son has Aspergers and is gifted. His first WPPSI he got above 99.9 and he was recently retested (in order to enter school) and we are awaiting his results (Ive been told he scored wiin the gifted range)

We have signed him up to a school which has a gifted clustering program but only from year 3. He is high functioning but will have support in class. He is just about to start kindergarten.

He was reading Harry Potter at 4 years old with full comprehension, doing simple maths algebra at 2. He gets eaily distracted but despite his challenges is very advanced academically.

He has completed half a year of kindergarten already in our home country and he was tested on the achievement tests to be in the 100th percentile.

I am not too concerned regarding extension or pushing for anything crazy. I guess I just would like to know what to expect? Is he going to be expected to learn the ABC again?

I havent told the school he is gifted beause I dont want to place expectations for him to live up to, but they are going to know as they have requested the WPPSI in order to work out what special education requirements he needs.