Thanks everyone, I think I am leaning toward staying at least another year. I like the school he is in, and it is only K at the moment. If we go into year 1 with the next round of assessments, maybe we can start to get on track with his academic level. And I know there is more to school than academics, and that the other stuff gets a particular focus in K.

Haha puffin, actually I did think his school was relatively big until I started looking at some of the alternatives and realised it was on the smaller side. There is one school I have found that doesn't actually have a gifted stream as such, but has a good amount of discussion on gifted students needs and a principal with a postgraduate degree in gifted education. It's smaller too, 250 kids.

I guess lots of parents look into schools before their kids actually start. We just wanted to go with our local school. Anyway, we hadn't even considered a school move until the EdPsych mentioned it, so hopefully I can get back to not thinking about it for awhile longer if we do decide to give the current school another year.