The educational psychologist we are seeing has suggested a different school might benefit HG DS. He is only in K and we have been working with his current school. He goes to year 1 for math and reading. I think we are building a good relationship with the school, and We really appreciate that they are trying to accommodate him, but I still don't think he is getting very much academic challenge. We are halfway through the year and The math worksheets he brings home seem to be stuff he knew going into K.

The school recommended by the educational psychologist has a gifted class from year 1 and I think that might be good for DS, but another educational consultant I asked about that school says they do have a great gifted stream, but offer little in the way of behaviour and academic support. DS is going pretty well at school, but we are looking into the possibility of ADHD.

Anyway I am torn. I feel like at least his current school is willing to work with us, but then it is possible they are underestimating his academic ability. And if behaviour issues do arise, we might question if it is because of a lack of academic fit or due to something else. They don't really have teachers or staff with specific training in gifted education.

I just want to do what is best for my son and our whole family, but it can be so hard to figure out what that is!