Seablue, our dd's tutor (using Seeing Stars) costs $100/hour, but dd only sees her once per week. When she started it was recommended that she see the tutor twice per week, but we had to opt for only once per week due to dd's schedule (and the tutor's already packed client schedule :)). As I mentioned previously, dd made very little progress with her first tutor, and rapid-fire progress with her latest tutor (both through the same office). Each child's needs are going to be individual, but for a HG/+ child, depending on where he/she is at now, I suspect there might be a trade-off somewhere in the amount of bang-for-your-buck you get with 4 sessions per week vs perhaps 2. Does that make sense? I think if we'd sent dd in for 4 sessions per week she would have burned out on it to a certain extent. Instead she had time during the week for the new concepts/words/etc to sink in before the next session. Plus reading was not fun for her *at all* - this was total work and total drudge up until a certain point when things became much easier (and when she had her new tutor :)).

polarbear