aaah, finally a response! Wow, a lot of information in that attachment. Very interesting to review...I am a little confused though, and perhaps because it is from 2011 the numbers may have changed somewhat. In one area, I am seeing ranges that make sense based on my our DS's scores...in another area, where they show raw scores converted to scaled scores, the max scaled score is less than his scores. Yes, the kids in both suburban and independent schools score higher, especially the independent schools, hence their percentiles are usually lower. Maybe somewhat along the lines of how the talent search scoring works (Explore)....99 percentile, at least with the CTP, is always figured on the top 4%. DS's scores for Level 4, grade 4 were as follows:
Verbal reasoning 399
Vocabulary 359
Reading Comp w/CR 420
Writing Mechanics 375
Writing Concepts&Skills 402
Quantiative reasoning 379
Mathmatics 1&2 w/CR 403

6 of the 7 areas generated a 99 percentile. I am assuming that is the maximum.
Vocabulary, which he did not finish and is generally a strong area, generated a 96 percentile. They do not calculate a composite score or percentile, although they may have that in an optional report. This was the first time his school (private) used this test...they went somewhat bare bones on the report, and used the national norms instead of the Independent school norms. The report is available with both. The administrator allowed me to have a quick glance at how he did vs the Independent norms, which I think were all mostly in the 90's, except vocabulary. I was really trying to find the conversion of scaled scores back to raw scores...ERB controls access very tightly to that info.

We were quite pleased with the results, especially after reading some prior posts...so far, DS has done well on a variety of test formats.

Thanks for the info!

Last edited by JAH823; 07/11/14 10:01 AM.