These girls are, in my humble opinion, musical prodigies. Perhaps, they are also intellectually gifted but regardless, they have exceptional musical talent.

I don't want to dismiss DD's musical ability because she isn't on a trajectory to reach their level by age 9 (that remains to be seen but I highly doubt it both in term of innate talent and parental involvement). Our goal was never to produce a prodigy but it was to encourage DD to believe in her ability to create something beautiful. So, while I am happy with whatever progress DD makes, our expenses are getting out of control. DD only had 3 piano lessons but her teacher is already talking about DD needing to practice on a high-quality grand piano in a near future. Right. Sure. Money grows on trees for us too. grin If music truly is her calling and she's going to pursue it seriously, I can somehow justify paying for her tuition (grand piano...not really) but if it's going be one of many interests then we definitely need to scale back so we'll have fund left for other enrichments. I wish we had a crystal ball to look into the future.

ETA: My point being, if we were to listen to DD's teachers, DD has enough talent to reach whatever goals she sets in her musical career but I still believe her general developmental curve is throwing them off.

Last edited by Mana; 07/02/14 05:52 PM.