DS is the same as yours and there was a large verbal-nonverbal gap(nonverbal being a lot higher) on the WISC, although his GAI was high enough (133?) to qualify for gifted programming assuming the school takes a GAI. My concern with the WISC is that it seems like it really favors kids who are "expressive" on the verbal section. My DS's common response when he doesn't feel like explaining or elaborating is "I don't know". He may actually do better on the stupid CogAT in terms of verbal ability. I also think that my DS keeps improving in terms of verbal ability and at 6-7 we are still not seeing his full abilities in that area. He seems to have very uneven brain development which I think is common in visual/mathy kids. I don't know if we're going to need another test but I'm going to wait as long as possible, then probably re-test on the WISC (only reason to re-test is because I doubt the school district will accept a score from kindergarten, plus it wasn't done by one of their accepted providers).