It was a rough last quarter of the school year. I am so glad it's over although grades are NOT where we want them to be and thus all his classes are going to be dropped from the honors for next year. There is a psychological aspect to this, when he started doing badly in a few classes his moral went down and it affected everything. Math & Science will still be accelerated but not honors. I don't feel I can fight it because while many of his finals are TOP A's, it just doesn't compensate for say.. NOT turning in most of the lab reports over the past 3 months. In Social Studies he did get an A on on the big project and an A on the final but it doesn't pull your grade up enough when you only get a 50% on homework/seatwork. The good thing was ALL the writing from the past quarter of school has been A's. He can write well, he just has to have something to say.

Just had a talk with him that all is not lost as it's freshman year. And many colleges don't really look at freshman grades. But next year the grades MUST be A's or he will be locked out of classes he will want Junior year.

I have testing scheduled for next week and I am anxious to see what it will show. Psychologist told me yesterday that I am probably going to have to give him more scaffolding that I expected to at this age. Still helping him plan his homework schedule, teach him study techniques, break larger projects down. We also talked about alternative options for school for Junior year.

It's just so disappointing. This kid has SO much potential.

Last edited by bluemagic; 06/25/14 10:07 PM.