I am feeling very frustrated right now. DS6 is in 1st grade in a new school - I've been concerned all year about work way easy for him. DS tested into gifted program in former school; in new school no program till 3rd grade. Conversations with the teacher have not been very helpful so far - I haven't seen any changes after these conversations. DS also says he HATES school because it is "too hard" - perhaps too boring?

Anyway, finally several weeks ago got high results from Stanford Achievement tests done at my request. Counselor has been much easier for me to talk to - she offers to meet WITH me and teacher. It takes a while to find a time. When the day finally arrives, they both are sick and we reschedule for middle of this week. Today I get an email from teacher - her schedule has changed, can we reschedule again. The teacher and counselor confer and give me 4 options. I choose one - counselor emails and says oops, I forgot I have another appointment then. I choose a second. Teacher emails and says oops, I actually can't do that one. Finally, we are set for my LAST choice - the day I am not even sure I can do with work/personal obligations.

I'm finding it hard not to take it personally. Obviously, it is not a huge priority. I've been a bit in knots for nearly a month now anticipating this meeting. I'm sure there is no malice involved - but I'm feeling pretty frustrated about it.

I've emailed some of my concerns along the line as we wait for this meeting. There are some good things happening. Teacher met with DS - as a result, he will not have to read along with his reading group on Mon-Thurs, but will be permitted to read on his own. When he makes books, he gets to complete them on the computer. So there are steps being taken - but I still really feel a need for a face-to-face conversation.

Thanks for letting me vent..... :-)
Susan