Our DD11 has a very similar profile! She is HG+/ADHD/dyslexia/dysgraphia/anxiety.

She reads WAY above grade level, and always has. This has prevented her from receiving in-school support. But, she doesn't READ read. She has a photographic memory and describes 'taking pictures' of words and storing them in her head. She does okay if she is reading words that she has met before. But, throw a new word at her and she is 'deer in headlights' confused. Her abilities do a great job compensating for her disabilities, but only to a certain extent. Assistive technology has been a dog-send to her in school. Her spelling is atrocious and hand writing is too much work for her to get her point across.

She is receiving private Orton-Gillingham tutoring for her dyslexia remediation. We waited until grade six to start this and I am really kicking myself for listening to all the reassurances from the 'experts' that she didn't need it, that she would figure it out, etc. We have missed many good years that the OG could have helped her with. Long story short, it has gotten as good as it is going to get and she CANNOT spell. Sure, she can use word prediction software in school... but how is that going to help her in the real world. How will she ever fill out a form or write a cheque?

My advice... don't wait. Get the OG tutoring now! Our DS5 is already working with an OT for his printing and an SLP. He'll move into OG in the next year or so. We want him to have every advantage to help his disabilities.

Tomorrow is always fresh, with no mistakes in it. — L.M. Montgomery