Keeping in mind that scores do not tell the whole story, I'll see what I can offer as hypotheses, based on what you've reported.

On the 7 yo:

There is a substantial difference between verbal and abstract thinking, which appears to be borne out in the achievement testing, with the two language-related areas average/high average versus superior for mathematics (which is more in the neighborhood of the fluid reasoning & thinking ability scores). Reading comprehension is more closely related to language comprehension (in fact, they line up quite nicely here). Supporting this as a genuine pattern is the difference between concept formation, which is both a fluid reasoning task and associated with verbal conceptual thinking, and analysis-synthesis, which is the other fluid reasoning test, but much more perceptual in nature. While both are strong, analysis-synthesis is exceptional.

The next pattern of difference that I'm seeing has to do with timed/speeded tasks. Every timed task reported is in the Average range, quite a bit below the GIA. Hence the lower cluster scores in cognitive efficiency, long-term retrieval (because of the retrieval fluency score), processing speed, and cognitive fluency. Working memory looks like it might be a little sketchy, too, as numbers reversed is only okay.

You know your son best, so you will be in a better position to say what might be behind this pattern, or how much it reflects daily experience, but in summary, his score profile suggests strengths in nonverbal/perceptual reasoning and auditory processing, and relative weaknesses in language reasoning, speed, and working memory. Academic implications would be strengths in mathematical thinking and problem solving, and relative weaknesses in reading comprehension, and possibly fluency/automaticity areas (reading fluency, math fact fluency, writing fluency).

I'll get to the other child a little later.

...pronounced like the long vowel and first letter of the alphabet...