Not long ago I remember you were asking about the road to OOD. I can tell you that our 2nd grade teacher who *did not get it* really paved the way for DD's OOD. She was not as forthright as yours, or the ones described by Polarbear or MON, though. She just did nothing. I mean really, truly nothing to accommodate DD. She did nothing specified in the IEP. Nothing. By the end of the year I stopped trying to protect her feelings and called her out on every single violation. I came to every meeting with work product that showed the violations. The district could not deny it was occurring and after trying to increase the role of the spec Ed teacher, then provide a full time para, then use more and more exact language in the IEP they had to acknowledge her needs were not being met in the mainstream classroom. So second grade was a completely wasted year but in the end I think that teacher may have done us a favor.

I guess all of that is my way of saying to keep a long range view. Maybe there is a reason we all are reporting 2nd grade as being the time we had teachers who really didn't get it. The good news is 2nd grade is almost over, you have your diagnoses and you have an AT person who seems to be focusing on the right things. These are all good things. You are vigilant and they know it. Hopefully they will provide a better match for third grade. If not? I am guessing your tolerance for not meeting his needs will get lower and lower each passing year. Eventually I bet they will either find a way to meet his needs or do what my district did and out place him. Either way his needs will eventually be met. It's just very difficult going through the process to get there.

{{hugs}} and good luck!