So my DH told his parents a little bit about where our DS is at with DYS and switching to a gifted program at a different school for next year and how happy we are for him. Our DS also played piano for them on Skype a few days ago because he is very proud of his accomplishments including a few compositions he's working on by himself! They don't get it. They think we are pushing him with piano and we should just "let him be a kid and back off." Has anyone else had good experience with explaining to people (family members) who are not intellectual, very small town and really have no clue? We don't see them that often, but it has really been bothering my DH. I have tried to tell them that I am exhausted by the end of the day from all of the things he is interested in and the research, building, reading, etc. that he loves to do, but still, they don't understand. Any suggestions or simple articles to send them would be helpful. It's kind of a bummer because if you can't brag about your awesome kid to his Grandparents who can you brag to?? smile