I called and got an appointment for him with the doctor who diagnosed him and noted my questions about that dx, in July. I calledhis pedi for the referral. I am hoping to convincethem of the need for further neuropsych testing to see what we are actually dealing with here.
My curren t theory is that he has some kind of dysgraphia or maybe more like an expressive language, processing problem, and he' s highly gifted. Which makes his communication with people odd, and the process of writing arduous.
I'm not sure that I would call it aspergers anymore, although at the time, that diagnosis fit quite well. He doeshave sensory seeking behavior and always has.

I probably should have posted this in the 2e forum!!

The CTD program at Northwestern that he is attending now is reallygreat for him. AND, whenI told them about his handwriting problems they were completely unfazed, saying that many gifted kids have that kind of problem. They immediately used appropriate supports. Just because I asked!. It was such a relief to have them react that way i am so used to the public school beauracracy.