Thanks everyone for your thoughts! Btw, I would never use the term "gifted" unless he asked that in specific.

Polarbear- thanks for your thoughtful response. The head of the new school gave ds her business card to be able to contact her for questions- pretty cool. Not so surprising when the "interview" consisted of her playing legos with him.

Funny thing about the reading pull out, I've heard they're reading Charolette's Web. That would drive him crazy. Ds read that 2 years ago before K.

I will admit we are hoping this school will help. (He has already started to "hide" to attempt to fit in at school.) The neuropsych recommended it and ds seemed to love it. I've kind of been at a loss for outside activities, but this summer will be better. There's a camp at a nearby college for g kids and camp at his new school. Both he is VERY excited about. I'm hoping via these avenues, he may meet someone even if its 1 person. Then, we can go from there.

Also, new school has chess club (which he loves, but stopped playing at current school because he doesn't have any good opponents. The other kids don't want to lose.).

Ultimately, I just want him to feel good in his skin, and have A friend (even if the friend isn't a perfect match. Someone can show his true self to.)