So, I am preparing to take my DD10 out of private school and homeschool next year for 7th grade. We were debating going back on our grade skip in the process also and keeping her at 6th, BUT I started to ask questions because we need to start thinking about high school if we decide to keep 7th grade. WELL, I called the good private school we were thinking about and quickly discovered they were not going to be flexible and it would not work. I was told that even if she took Geometry before her freshmen year, she would have to take it again because that is the highest they would let her go. I also have discovered a state law that I will have to get special permissions to work around which is that a student cannot be in a class with kids more than 2 yrs older than them. I started to panic but then had a conversation with someone associated with a Gifted Advocacy Group, looked up some information on the state website and local college websites and have a little bit of hope but now realize just how much maneuvering it is going to take to get my daughter an appropriate education. I have also figured out that the best way to keep my daughter home until she is 18 might be to keep the grade skip (she will graduate at 16), maneuver to have her dual enroll after her sophomore year and perhaps finish with almost 2 yrs of actual college credit, and have her finish at a local college ( one of which is top 50) if it all works out. She could then graduate at 18 but from undergraduate. I am exhausted thinking about it.