DS6 is normal/great with older smart kids but often obnoxious and annoying with kids the same age. He is also nice with little kids.

He gets some social skills help in OT and I have ordered the DVD of It's so Much Work to be Your Friend.

Yesterday was a great example. Classroom teacher where DS is oldest in K class said he wasn't working well with the other kids and some of them thought he was annoying. No specifics given. Mixed age after school care teacher commented that he was such a great little conversationalist and he was chatting it up with a bright boy a few years older than him.

Any ideas?

Ignore because we are in the home stretch of school and next year he'll be in a 1-6 grade mixed class?

The mixed age after school science club is going well. I signed him up for a drama class but the age breakdowns mean it will be like his classroom.

I know older kids can pick up the slack better in a social situation and tend to maybe be more predictable.

He has an older cousin that he gets along great with but they live far away.

Just looking for ideas and wondering if this is an "issue" that needs to be addressed or if a "wait and see" approach would be okay.

I hope to share the DVD with the school so maybe that will help.