To everyone here, I can not stress enough to call your local LEGO Education rep and get a catalogue.

There is so much more in it. If you like Kelly's Mayan Adventure, he wrote 3 more mysteries for the classroom but done equally well at home called Mystery Warehouse part 1, part 2 and part 3.

There is a new set coming out "Gearing Up for Programming and Engineering" "Gearing up for the International Space Station" "gearing up for the Mars Madness" and "Gearing up for the Return to the Moon." There is a NXT competition (FLL) book, a Compass experiment book. there is "Physics by Design" which uses Robolab (not NXT-G) and RCS and NXT to look at physics concepts. Eric Wang has a new one which NXT only "Engineering w/ LEGO Bricks and Robolab" the unofficial guide to Robolab. Robolab was thought to be on it's way out w/ the RCX but then LEGO ED upgraded it. It's a graphical interface similar ot NXT-G, some think it's more robust and easier to use.

On the science end of things, there is the Motorized simple machines kit w/ activity pack to guide you; the Elementary Engineering 1 and 11 workbook and teachers guide to go along w/ the MOtorized simple machines. There is the "Big Picture: Pulley's/wheels and axles teacher pack" for use w/ Motorized simple machines. there is also one for gears/levers.

Another book i'll likely get now is "Brick Layers II" this book is written to be used w/ LEGO Motorized simple machines. explore areas of mechanical engineering through simple and and structural engineering as they look at the special properties of certain shapes that make them useful in construction (level: intermediate to middle school).

OH I totally forgot about this. If you want to get your feet wet w/ these LEGO simple machines kit, try the LEGO KLutz kit for $19.99. I got mine at Barnes and Noble. it's a 60pc set and you make some cool gizmos.