Hi, I am at the end of my rope with my 2e daughter's education. I do not want to homeschool. I work full time. I homeschooled in the past and it was hard being relatively broke and having her so excluded in homeschool community. Our daughter has Asperger's syndrome - would barely qualify for Davidson with WISC GAI of 148 (last summer). Her public elementary school kicked us out on a residency pretext (long story -- but I'll simplify by telling you our rental in the area required us to vacate for repairs an they took that chance to kick us out saying we had abandoned residency, which we had not) and she dislikes the local public school. My boss is letting me work from home but I thought it would only take two week to find her a school. Yes, I can afford private school if I keep my job and if I could find one that worked for her I would do it-- she only found one she liked (loved) but they rejected her. If I homeschool, I will have to quit my job and move to a part of town with more homeschooling opportunities -- but it looks like that is the only option left.

Are there any good online options that will be engaging and fun, not drudgery? How can I avoid the traps I fell into the last time we homeschooled, of social isolation and queen bee moms?

Thank you.

Last edited by Treasuremapper; 03/09/14 09:47 PM.