Originally Posted by Sweetie
I would definitely record every book you have him read for documentation. In fact I would document what you do as you do it. Later on it will help you make up transcripts of sorts.

We did this-- I kept a "book box" and a log book with it-- DD knew from the time she was four that she should put books she'd finished reading "into the book box." I'd record them-- title, author, pages, genre, etc. This is how I know what she was reading and when. It was about the only formal documentation of homeschooling that we did during the first six months of homeschooling her.

Oh-- and for homeschoolers, out of level testing isn't a problem. Just order the grade level you want from F.L.O. and proctor it yourselves.

http://www.familylearning.org/

My personal advice is to go up a grade level every six months or so until you start seeing scores that aren't at the ceiling. That was our mistake. DD should have entered school at 4th (or maybe 5th) grade, and instead we placed her in 3rd because all we had was a set of 99's for the 2nd grade test (still out of level, but only by 2y, not 3 or 4).

Last edited by HowlerKarma; 03/08/14 07:51 AM.

Schrödinger's cat walks into a bar. And doesn't.