So. I am new to homeschooling since we pulled our boy out of first grade this year because the school was failing him in so many ways. Pretty much every which way! Social, emotional, academic ...

My question is not what materials to do with him at home. I just let him lead by interest and provide materials that seem like they are at the right level for him.

It is possible that someday I would like to get him into a private school with a scholarship, or a private gifted school. I dreamt all night last night about how to keep up with his academic needs. He's voracious.

He is working 4th grade math and reading at this point and we will just keep moving along. We live in Wisconsin where there is no need to do testing or documenting. I believe that he will be ready and wanting to enter high school early, but I don't know how to handle that with homeschooling. I just need a bit of an idea where we are going from here! I do not wish to push him and I'm fine with it if he slows down at some point, but currently I am rushing to keep up with him and I need to look ahead to the future. kwim?

I don't feel like I have other people to talk to about this, because it seems like other homeschoolers get prickly when you talk about gifted stuff. I'm not saying my kid is better, he just has different needs. He also has mild autism, and ironically people are much more willing to discuss that with me!