Hello All! Sorry, I know I'm not supposed to write long posts. This is my one and only long introduction.

I looked up this forum to find resources. I think Gifted people are like the heroes from X-Men, they need to know there's people like them and that they can learn how to use/control their gifts.

I am a gifted adult, tested when I was young. I had some issues with being abused, orphaned, emancipated at 15. I am currently in my mid-twenties, newly graduated from university.

During my university years, I did OK, but I know I could have done better. Being stuck in a big name university with auditoriums filled with up to 600 students got me pretty lost.

The peachy side: I speak five languages, play piano, can paint/draw/cook nearly anything, have excellent long-term memory, read British and French masterpiece literature from the age of 8, former spelling bee champ & learned etymology/linguistics from grade school, got the GED on the first try without really going to high school, and landed nearly full grants/scholarships through college. Worked up to four jobs at a time through college.

The worrisome side: I strain to keep on track with connecting to people. Situations where there's too much going on tend to be overwhelming. Being gifted, coupled with the residual effects of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder have given me a unique perspective. I get skittish, jumpy, easily discouraged, and have trouble starting things. Graduated with a 3.2 GPA frown

I'm striving to claim accountability for my life, utilize my gifts and talents optimally, discipline myself, nip perfectionism in the bud, live passionately, and believe in myself.
-Emma