Let us know how the AT eval and the panther math paper go. That's good that they are at least trying to make it work. DS's first grade teacher (who is actually giving correct level work) is sending home problems like 720 minutes =__________hours with graph paper attached for him to show his work. She doesn't like how he does everything in his head because he makes too many errors. But he is unable to line up numbers. I'm not sure what she was expecting him to write on the graph paper though. Long division? It was completely obvious to DS that the answer would be 12 because 12X6 is 72. I emailed her and asked if she wants me to teach him long division on graph paper, because he knows how to do it but I taught him to do it in his head and just note remainders in the original problem. I know they are trying really hard to teach him to write. Maybe a compromise would be that he does 3 long division problems on the graph paper and then does the rest on the ipad. I mentioned it to her--just said that it's an option if writing doesn't work out.