I'm going to take DD in for a pscyh eval and he said he can look for possible dysgraphia. If I like him, maybe DS should go as well. The neuropsych he saw wasn't the type to look at learning disabilities. He wasn't even interested in seeing DD with her ADHD. I think the only reason he saw DS was because of the brain injury (he fractured his skull and had some obvious brain damage). That assessment was last May, so about 9 months ago.

DS's handwriting improved dramatically the second he was at the new school with the new teacher and it has stayed decent since then (2 weeks?) so I think it's a case of him being lazy and he knew he could get away with little effort with the other teacher. I'm sure it takes more effort for him to write than other kids, but the sloppy work he was doing at the other school was clearly him being really unmotivated and just deciding he didn't care. He's like that with other things too.

Thanks for all the suggestions for what we can put in the IEP. I'm just really not sure how "bad" the situation is. The private OT assessed him again and his score went way up. The last time he was assessed was last July and he was scoring below the 10th percentile for most things. One of the scores for motor skills went up to the 64th percentile and even manual coordination went way up and was something like the 24th. Despite the now-average scores, he definitely still looks tight and awkward when he writes, and the writing looks shaky. Luckily the new teacher has a master's in special ed and his IEP manager says the teacher is very on top of the situation and is trying different things. I'm not sure how often she has tried the slant board yet but she said she would. So things are fine now, but I'm not sure that DS will stay in that school next fall, so I was interested in having a well written IEP so it's all there in writing and we don't have to mess with it again the next time he gets a teacher who doesn't concern herself with any of his special needs. I mean, it's easier to have things in writing now than wait for a teacher who doesn't get it, and then try to remedy the situation by fixing the IEP.