Portia and Zen Scanner, thank you.

Zen Scanner, I have looked at the common core. I will admit that I find it a bit overwhelming and uses educational verbiage (my background is in healthcare). Yet, that should be the ultimate resource, right?
I will check out the book you suggested.

Portia- In answer into your questions: my younger ds will be at church preschool in the morning, so I plan to have the project/ experiment/ work together time in the am. Yet, in the afternoon while the lil one naps, I need ds to be quiet (currently homework time). I was thinking this time could be for independent work, reading, educational videos (if needed). It could be quiet free time if work is done. Lots of exercise, playtime. Everything we currently do in general is when you complete task x, you can do y. I hope to be somewhat more flexible- like work to be completed by the end of the week vs assignments/ work per day. I want to take advantage of all resource our city and surrounding area offers. Ds is very social, but has been struggling to make friends at school. Yet, he can be alone with his thoughts for hours too.

I do have a WJ III achievement test (from last year), yet now it's a year later and he has some 2e issues. (He is leaps and bounds ahead from last year.)He is definitely is asynchronous. I know I will have to piecemeal on some level because of this.

I do appreciate your thoughts! I think idea that homeschool can be whatever I want is scary and amazing at the same time. It also makes he feel somewhat anxious that I'm doing the best I can do for my ds. I'm sure things will be easier once he's officially a homeschool. Usually the anticipation is worse.

Last edited by Melessa; 02/18/14 08:36 PM. Reason: Typo