YES, YES, YES!!! And the more complex the better. I can hardly ever follow/remember all the instructions but he's usually very patient with me and walks me through it.

He's like Neato's duaghter, though, and can't pick up on when other kids can't follow the game or when it would be too complicated for them. For his 6th birthday, he wanted to have a chess party. I told him the other kids (ages 4 - 6) probably wouldn't want to play chess or even know how. He said he would teach them. Then, he set about creating a completely new version of chess to teach them after he had taught them the regular chess. I had to talk him out of it and he settled for a chess birthday cake and regular games for the party and then a chess afternoon later.

Mine has never been much into the imagination games, like school or stuffed animals or anything. His other games get qutie complex and it's as if his mind never stops once it gets started. He is so intense with it. And, his are much more manipulative - like the sticks and dice - as well. Or, very detailed and involved. Sometimes I hate to make him stop whatever he is doing and eat or leave or whatever I need him to do because watching him is so fascinating!