Welcome Lily1972,
We just transferred our DD who is in first grade to a Catholic school that is also a Blue Ribbon school. They have a part time Talented and Gifted teacher who works with kids in grades 3-8. They do not have any differentiation at this point for her. However, and it's a big however, the work academically is much better than what we saw at her previous school. (We chose to transfer because she wasn't happy at her public school and we didn't have the option of transferring to a public school of our choice.)

I am currently ok with the work I see her doing and bringing home. Not sure if it will always stay that way, but today we feel good about what she's learning and work she's doing. We have our first conference tonight, so we will learn more. She was previously going to the Talented and Gifted teacher for 20-30 minutes once or twice a week. I don't think our DD's needs were met in that time and certainly weren't met in the classroom at that school.

I think your son would be eligible for Mensa. Our daughter's scores were very similar to your son's and she is eligible to join. This is a great community to seek advice and learn from others.

We talked at length with the Child Psychologist about our concerns for our daughter's education and she was very helpful in providing additional insight about different schools we had looked at. She was also helpful in guiding us to Davidson Young Scholars (which I still need to complete the application.) I would also suggest talking with the Child Psychologist that administered your son's test about their thoughts on acceleration and educational settings. \

We do a lot outside of school. Our DD is fascinated by the human body, specifically red blood cells. So far, we're in a good place. There are also some great summer day camps such as Camp Invention (a national organization). Also, some colleges offer classes/workshops for Talented and Gifted children. Northwestern University does some on line, just to name a couple of options.

Good luck