"Have you looked into the Davidson Academy? Assuming he has the test scores, once your son is working at a 6th grade level he is eligible to apply. There is no lower age limit, although the youngest they have admitted was 9."

Thanks for the suggestion. We are not close enough and wouldn't move close enough to consider this awesome option.

"Have you applied to the Davidson Young Scholars program?"

Yes, DS was accepted last year. And I don't know why I didn't consider consulting with them for some of my questions! Duh! But it is good to consult with other parents who have BTDT.

"Not sure where you are located, but summer camps are great for science education."

DS did have a great summer program last year that was able to accommodate him. In fact, it was that program that really gave him a taste for how high he could go. He's going again this summer. He is counting down the days until this program starts.

You've all given me some other great things to look at. Thank you! I am fortunate that DH can cover all things math and science related beyond the high school level (but he can only work with DS once a week). The highest level math/hard science courses I have taken were all AP classes in high school. I got one of those uber fluffy liberal arts degrees that counted my psychology class as my "science lab" class. So, I am not much use past AP bio/physics/calculus.

I am definitely going to look into the LEGO and robotics teams.

Keep the ideas coming!