Hi Everyone,

It's been awhile since I've been on. To give a short update we got DD1's report last month. She was diagnosed with ADHD and tested gifted. Psych wants to retest in a year. To give time for the ADHD to be managed and feels her scores would be significantly higher. According to psych we are looking at definitely HG and possibly PG. With that said DD is in 1st grade working at a minimum 3rd grade level. I knew this based off things she has been doing at home.
I have attempted to advocate for her at school in getting her a more challenging curriculum. In our district a gifted program doesn't begin until 4th grade. Therefore, the teachers are left to provide a curriculum based off the child's needs. We've had a few meetings with the teacher some about this and others not. She agrees DD1 is very bright but continues to says she is not performing. When I explain that she is underperforming, likely due to boredom and if given a more challenging assignment she would likely perform, she doesn't do it.
We had another meeting this week with counselors who have advised us to set up a meeting with counselors, teacher, principal, school psych and admin to come up with a plan.
I would love suggestions and advice on things we should maybe expect in a meeting like this. As well as if others have advice on things to advocate for. I feel very much in the dark and that I'm swimming upstream with the school system right now.