So, the school has this new proposal to help with DS's dysgraphia and I am really not sure about it at all. It could be good or it could be bad ... it could be disastrous. I think I need some BTDT advice and perspective for those who have dealt with dysgraphia!

So, the 'new idea' is to have the OT come into DS's advanced math class (which meets only once a week) to sort-of help DS with his reversals. Because, the thinking is DS does well with the OT during OT but his writing deteriorates in class because, well, he's working on math not writing and not his disability. I LIKE it that way - I want him to continue to soar, which he does when his disability is accommodated/worked around and/or otherwise is not an issue. I feel like his advanced math class is for math not dysgraphia/writing remediation. However, if this is generally a good and successful approach - I wouldn't want to deny DS something that could work. My two BIG concerns are DS looking even more 'disabled' - DS is very conscious of looking "special needs" right or wrong he is... he already is the only one at 8 who needs a scribe, he gets very upset at any type of intervention that looks like he has some sort of personal aid. He does not want to be any more obviously different due to his disability than he already is. However, the OT already did this last math class and DS must not have been bothered by his presence be/c he didn't mention it to me at all. I was also assured that OT hangs back and isn't hovering, etc. My other concern is that DS's advanced math class that he goes to to learn advanced math is becoming more OT where he math is secondary and he is working on his disability.

Not sure what to do. really not sure I want this in the IEP. The school psych who is now out on medical leave also said she's not sure about this how it would help and if it is a good idea. But she's unavailable now.

Any helpful thoughts, advice, insight are welcome please!