DD was diagnosed dyslexic & dysgraphic at age 9 based off of a discrepancy model between VIQ & phonics+writing. At the time, her reading level varied between 7th and 12th grade based on the reading test, generally testing lower on single word tests. Spelling and writing skills were moderately below grade level at the time. Somehow, miraculously, the school agreed to an IEP and has been serving her with reading and writing goals.

12 months ago, after a year of intervention, she'd hit the top of every reading test they gave her, including those pesky single words. The school is still giving her the same tests, so there is no ability to show growth in reading. It also looks like there will be no future growth to see in writing (TOWL-4) after this last round. I'm not sure where the ceilings are, but DD can't be far from them (several scaled scores of 20)

She is remaining on the IEP with these diagnoses for monitoring. I'm concerned that if her skills are way beyond 12th grade, we won't note a fall of the skills until they've fallen a long ways. We won't catch the loss of hard won gained skills until there's a lot of repair work to be done.

(Holy smokes, it looks like my kid made something like 10 years of growth in writing in less than 2 years.)

At what point does it become pointless to continue testing? Or do I really need to be pushing for different testing for monitoring?