HELP!!!

Behavioral optometrist recently assessed 2e/pg ds8's visual deficits. On the subtest of the Test of Visual Perceptual Skills, he had a standard score of 3 which is 1st percentile. On other subtests (visual tracking to visual discrimination), he ranged from 22nd to 38th percentile.

Ds had vision therapy for over 2 years between 3.5 and 6 yrs old. He's also had loads of other therapies (pt, ot, water therapy, neurofeedback) since then. On previous visual tests, ds was in vision therapy and, believe it or not, no one picked up problems with the visual working memory. On a Beery test when he was 5.5 yrs old, he performed at a 9-yr-old level and, of course, didn't qualify for ot then as a result.

Behavioral optometrist acknowledges that ds's visual deficits are partly neurologically-based but then referred us to a chiropractor for physical imbalances before prescribing ambient lens. And though ds is currently in neurofeedback and has already had about 70 sessions, I'm beginning to wonder whether or not we should seek help elsewhere. I'm questioning whether the vision therapy is enough since ds still has the visual deficits despite over two years of vt when he was younger.

Neurofeedback claims that they can help with ds's visual deficits, in particular with his visual memory. However, after ds received the the low scores after 60+ sessions of neuro, I'm getting discouraged. To be fair, neurofeedback providers were not entirely aware of the visual deficits until we saw the behavioral optometrist about a month ago. After doing some research, I came across the neuro optometry field and wonder if they may provide some more help and direction.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to tackle the visual deficits when vt alone may not be enough? Are there other treatments for visual deficits? Does anyone have any suggestions on who to contact? I plan on contacting Dr. Lovecky again (who we've previously seen), Dr. Silverman, and my son's former behavioral optometrist, but am open to contacting others.

Thanks. And if anyone has any tips on coping and treating a child that scores within the 1st and 99% percent, I'd love to hear from you. This is mind boggling to me.