I was wondering if there is a distinction between CAPD and ADHD. For kids with CAPD, do they tend to focus on pencil/paper tasks better (assuming no dysgraphia etc)? Does CAPD affect processing speed ?

I have been observing my child in the classroom (I volunteer as much as I can). There seems to be a minute lag between other kids following and him following -- so, if the teacher says (for example), let us stand up and sing the Jingle bells song, my child stands up (literally) a minute after the other kids stand up and then starts singing. He seems to be compensating somewhat by following what the other kids are doing, but does not seem to do it automatically. This happens (the minute lag) for every instruction given verbally. In a one-on-one environment or in a very small group, I don't notice this.

If you have had a CAPD evaluation, did you first do the ADHD eval or both or in some other order ? Thanks to Polarbear's advice, we do have a neuropsych appointment scheduled. On a related note, his motor skills seem to be improving, but he has been really working at it every day (including holidays/breaks etc). If he misses a day, it shows up. I am not very hopeful of getting a dysgraphia diagnosis based on how much he has been working at it. However, more than 4 sentences tires him as well - this could be developmental; his teacher assures me it is, but I am still worried because he spends so much of effort producing output. Before the appointment though, I want to be sure that I am asking the right questions. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance