Good fall for us thanks to DS6 getting such an amazing teacher for first grade in private school. Highlights:

*DS6 getting to do EPGY math during math time every day mentored by junior/senior high school students. Allowed to skip all instruction of 1st grade math and only do he tests. Working at his own pace; currently midway through 5th grade.

*Me being able to provide DS6 with language curriculum of my choice. Sending in daily worksheets with him moving along at his own pace. He does the 1st grade work as well but finishes so fast at which time he does the provided worksheets.

*DS6 really excelling in athletics, going from having no interest and lagging way behind, to catching up with his year older classmates. SO happy he is able to get "out of the mind and into the body".

*DS4 being with the most loving PreK teacher. Same as DS6 had. Really coming out of his shell and gaining confidence. OE's a lot more manageable.

*DS4 allowed to skip circle time and read books 1 on 1 with the teacher.

For this upcoming year:

*Testing in January for DS4 at the same private school DS6 is at. Testing for early entrance into Kindergarten. See no issues, especially since he already IS accelerated.

Continuing on this path which I couldn't be happier about!

Last edited by 1111; 12/26/13 08:32 PM.