Update: I got the WISC results a few days later. FSIQ is 131 but GAI was 141 and was suggested as a better indicator of true ability due to a 21 point discrepancy in Perceptual Reasoning and Processing Speed scores.

We had the IEP mtg. to review results today and despite there not quite being enough of a discrepancy to qualify him, he was found to have an SLD in the area of writing based on all the anecdotal evidence combined with his scores.

A friend who is a special educator asked if he skips lines when he reads, which he does. But he comprehends, so I thought maybe he had taught himself to speed read. She suggested some sort of visual motor issue and recommended we contact a behavioral optometrist, and we have an appt. Dec. 26. The IEP team is very interested in the results.

Now I'm trying to figure out exactly what I want in the IEP. I really only thought he'd get a 504, so I was unprepared for what services I'd like. I think I'm going to seek Handwriting Without Tears cursive instruction, a research-based spelling program, and the OT already said she'll put him on consult.