Well, my son's guidance counselor had him retested using the KTEA2 and the KBIT2 and his scores this time were much lower than last spring (above avg range/avg range.) I don't really understand it, and I've been reading various articles about screenings. Two things stick out in my mind: (1) should he have been given the same screenings as he took almost 6 months ago? And before his re-screening he had an annual checkup with our pediatrician. I mentioned some of his behavioral issues, and told him he's not really challenged in school and was given a screening for possible gifted program. I told him he scored in the upper extreme/gifted range on one part and just above avg on the second part, so his school was probably going to re-screen him. His dr commented that in his opinion it was a waste of time because a truly gifted child can score very high on one test and very low on another, but a truly above avg child wouldn't score extremely high on one part, even as a fluke. So (2) is it true that an above average child wouldn't ever score in the highly gifted range? Trying to figure out what to do because my gut tells me my son is gifted, and I'd like to get him more challenging work at school, but I need the numbers to back up my request. frown