Hi, I thought a read a small thread about this but looked forever and can't find it! My son was tested last year at the end of kindergarten after I spoke with his teacher and inquired about the gifted program. I just received the results from KBIT 2 given the last week of May by his former guidance counselor, and the KTEA II given four days later by the gifted teacher. On the Kbit he scored avg in verbal and just barely in the upper extreme in nonverbal. On the Ktea though he scored in the upper extreme across the board. His new guidance counselor said the discrepancy may be because the kbit measures ability and the Ktea measure achievement, so if he went to a good preschool (which they know he did) or had enrichment classes they may affect the result. Is this true? I feel like he wants to retest my son possibly only to confirm that he doesn't qualify for a full IQ test. But I'm stressing at the results because my son has so many characteristics of a gifted child that I would have a hard time believing that he isn't. I guess I'm just looking for some feedback on this.