Originally Posted by Space_Cadet
Sadly, our library is rubbish. I usually end up buying books online...

That is really unfortunate yet great at the same time. You'll end up building a beautiful library for your child(ren). DD rarely reads the same book twice these days so we have stopped paying retail for books and pick up used books for 25 cents to a dollar so we have an eclectic library that is not really very reflective of DD's taste. So the books we buy online for her are the rare "chosen" ones that DD wants to borrow from the library over and over again. Here are some in our new book collection:

What Really Happened to Humpty Dumpty

- It's a clever book and if your DC is a fan of Mother Goose rhymes, it's a must have.

The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore

- DD adores the short film and the book equally. It could just be that she loves Humpty Dumpty but it's a beautiful story and perfect for those of us who love books.

Pluto's Secret: An Icy World's Tale of Discovery

- This was recommended on this board and it has become a favorite.

The Day the Crayons Quit

- I don't get this book and don't understand why it's so popular but DD has read it over and over.

Rocket Writes a Story

- It goes through the process of writing in a very authentic way. I love the end and DD was much more interested in this book than in How Rocket Learned to Read.

Ben's Trumpet

- One of DD's earliest favorites. Walmart has it listed for $4.42 including a CD.

24m to 36m was the peak period for jigsaw puzzles for DD. These days, she is back to doing art, practicing handwriting, crafting, dancing, practicing music, and generally having fun being her crazy self.