Originally Posted by JonLaw
Originally Posted by Dude
I would be adamant about moving DS2 into DS1's classroom, because you basically have the results of a scientific study in your hands. Two nearly-identical children are in different environments, and yielding vastly different results. That's hard data. It's pretty easy to have success in advocacy when you're starting from such a strong position... unless you yield too easily.

You need to basically demand that DS2 is moved into DS1's classroom.

Keep pushing until they give you what you want.

ITA with Dude and JonLaw.

The primary responsibility of the educators is to provide each student with access to an appropriate education. Insofar as one teacher is unable to reach your DS2, thereby inhibiting his access to an appropriate curriculum, the school has a duty to re-examine his educational needs independent of the (likely arbitrary) policies surrounding twin placement.

I would couch my arguments around DS2's educational needs not being met, then cite the twins studies as an addendum to show that the separation could, in fact, be exacerbating the existing academic mismatch between your DS2 and the teacher on a socio-emotional level.

Good luck! Dig in those heels!

What is to give light must endure burning.