She hasn't had any testing...maybe I'll take her for an OT eval privately just to make sure everything is Ok, but I know she is in way better shape than DS is in terms of all fine motor skills including writing and he did Ok on the Beery VMI. Like DS, she has super high perceptual reasoning and is very visual. She may do poorly just for fine motor coordination though but I've never noticed a problem with using scissors, utensils, buttons, etc.

Her recent cursive packet that she brought home looked perfect--like calligraphy. But who knows how long it took her. One thing that bothers me is she keeps bringing home spelling tests with blank words, so the teacher marks them wrong. DD says she doesn't have enough time to write down the words and she is not allowed to ask the teacher to repeat them. So even when she is not "copying" from something else, she still has trouble. The teacher has threatened to demote her to the lower spelling group a couple times because of her speed.

What is the finger tapping test exactly? Is that where they tap each finger on their hand onto their thumb in order? I asked both kids to do that and they can, but they are not very fast. DD is better than DS. I should look for a YouTube video or something because I don't know what's normal.

Not sure what the NEPSY is but I will look it up. I'll also try to figure out what a normal writing speed is for her age.

DS and DD are not genetically related to each other but they seem to have very similar strengths, weaknesses and discrepancies. What are the odds of having two 2e kids that are not genetic siblings!? DD is higher in everything than DS, but is much lower than DS in processing speed (and DS's neuropsych was worried about his processing speed of 109!). And she has blatant obvious ADHD and I don't think DS has it.

Edited to add, that I looked up the finger tapping test and asked DD again and she was able to do it fairly easily with her left hand but not her right. But she is right-handed. Wonder what that means! It took her a long time to decide if she was right or left handed--I think she was around 4 before we could tell she was right handed. Before that she seemed ambidextrous.

Last edited by blackcat; 11/10/13 04:31 PM.