Thanks guys for the advice/feedback....he has been at the school for over 3 years and in this particular teacher's classroom for about 2 years - she has come a long ways with trying to understand his SPD but for some reason when the word gifted comes up she just has no clue. The tough thing is that there are not many choices here in our area and public K is out of the question at this point....28 kids in a K public classroom would do him in with his SPD - and as an ex-K teacher i can all but guarantee that will be the going number in his classroom if we went the public route (he can not handle loud noises, crowded areas even after years of OT and continuing sessions)- he handles 16-18 very well and it took us a long time to get him to that spot...we visited a handful of other K program Montessori preschools in the area both with him and without him and and we got a pretty good vibe that none of them had a clue as to how to handle a child who is not autisitc but has SPD and who is gifted....and our son got beyond stressed out and was barely sleeping/eating for weeks at a time during the whole looking process. He has been very vocal in letting us know that he wants to stay at his school for K and that he understands then he would like to look at a new school for first grade. He really trusts his teacher and we have been so confused as to what to do... So with that in mind...would anyone recommend that I try to look for some curriculum ideas for reading to suggest/introduce to her - she is very open to learn but I think she just gets scatterbrained and overwhelmed which is why we have been so back and forth about staying/leaving.