ixl.com isn't bad, but it is difficult to do calculations for some of the problems on that site. For instance say the problem is 836-797. There are boxes in the correct columns to type in the numbers in the correct place value, but no place to show borrowing. So DS has to do all that in his head and it's easy to make errors (esp. in DS's words, if he has to "ship things over from a far-away column"). Hopefully someone has a better suggestion. Someone suggested to me getting a laptop with a scanner, scanning the worksheet and then have software where you can click where the answers go. Then the worksheet could be printed or emailed to the teacher. But I'm not a techie and have no idea what software or how this would work. Let us know if you figure out anything that works since I have the same problem with my 6 year old. The teacher is willing to give him third grade math but the print on the page is tiny and he can't write that small. Even if he is able to write large, his writing is pretty poor.

Last edited by blackcat; 10/24/13 11:17 AM.