I have been all over WTM forum and everywhere under the sun trying to feel comfortable with homeschooling. I am a planner and love structure. I am loving the idea of homeschool. My hard time stems from not finding the right method. Buying a bunch of different books makes me nervous. There is no structure or plan involved and I feel like I would be left in the dark. I need something more mapped out, at least for right now getting started. (some have mentioned staying away from methodology)
I am so drawn to the waldorfy type curriculum but it is so age based and less intellectual/academic based. I think DD would enjoy it for the fact of drawing and stories but think it would be so easy for her=no challenge. Also DH and I believe in having a strong academic foundation. I think waldorf-inspired could appeal to gifted children but I'm so unfamiliar with all this stuff that I'm not sure I would know how to tweak it for DD.

I've also looked at classical and CM stuff. That approach seems unnatural to me.
I guess this is more of a thinking out loud post. I feel so lost and I've been readin so much stuff for at least a week now. I'm open for suggestions though smile