Well, be realistic.

All of those seven-to-ten-year olds had better be brought up to snuff somehow before they get into high school.

After all, how else are they going to manage the workload in those seventy AP classes that they need to take, hmm?

{gasp} What?? You don't plan for your four year old to be taking more than a couple of those?? {shakes head sadly}

Oh my... your poor child... Doomed to a Life of Mediocrity and Worse by your inability to understand the Glossy and Impressive Competitive Benefits Which Shall Accrue as a result of Highly Prestigious and Rigorous High School Coursework(tm). You can't start thinking about (elite) college too soon, you know.

smirk

What? Nobody else sees this connection? It's operant conditioning. Revolting, to be sure, when the subjects are children. But it's the only way that they'll eventually be able to endure (well some of them can) 6+ nightly hours of high school homework. How else will we know who the valedictorians are?!

(No. I am not kidding. Well, I am-- obviously-- but not about the 6+ hours or the sort mechanism.)

Schrödinger's cat walks into a bar. And doesn't.